Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Best of 2006


Wow! What a year! New Jersey is such a great place to cartoon; I'm never out of topics or ideas. And 2006 was filled with them. From McGreevey writing a book, the dirty Kean/Menendez senate battle, Corzine shuttting down the government, you name it, 2006 saw it!

Here's a sampling of 2006, my "best of." It feels a bit weird having a best of, as this was my first year of doing political cartoons. In fact, my first published cartoon appeared January 30, 2006 in NJBiz, so technically it hasn't even been a year yet! Here is that cartoon:

rob tornoe, tornoe, political cartoon, new jersey, press of atlantic city, corzine, abelow, budget crisis


Thanks to everyone who has followed my cartoons. Happy New Year!

12 comments:

bolognafingers said...

I've got to tell you man all these cartoons look great in terms of the art, and the gags were all pretty funny as well. i'm really impressed with what you've done over the past year.

Rian said...

I've got to say that the American Idol voting strip is my favorite thus far. The Rube Goldberg tribute is great as well.

...haven't I seen that Batman strip somewhere before?

Anonymous said...

Great cartoons! There were a bunch here I hadn't seen. I love the Trans-Fat cartoon, and the McGreevey one.

Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Great cartoons! I love the Batman one. Hwo much would it cost to fill up a gas guzzlier like that?

Anonymous said...

All of these are funny gags. I can almost hear that line coming right out of Rush's mouth. I'm glad to see you being successful at this. I hope New Jersey fails miserably politically in 2007 so that you may have a endless supply material. Please keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Great cartoons. I saw the Seinfeld one in the paper, but I didn't realize you had a blog until a friend of mine forwarded it to me. I wish the Press used your cartoon more often, they're all great.

Rob Tornoe said...

Thanks guys. It's nice to know I have such Kubert celebrities perusing my pages. And Kansas? Where can I see what you've been up to?

Anonymous said...

Love your cartoons man! Especially the Batman one. Can't think of when someone used Batman for politics.

Great stuff!

Anonymous said...

Really smart cartoons.

Anonymous said...

Just saw your cartoons on the editorial cartoonists website. Great stuff here. What paper do you do cartoons for?

Rob Tornoe said...

Anonymous- Most of my cartoons appear in the Press of Atlantic City, but I also get published in the Philadelphia Inquirer, the New Jersey Herald, the Daily Record, the News Journal, and several weeklies throughout New Jersey.

Anonymous said...

Just found your site. Awesome stuff! I really liked the McCain cartoon.

Can wait to see more.