Friday, December 15, 2006

No Property Tax Reform for YOU!!!

 rob tornoe, tornoe, bolt comics, editorial cartoon, political cartoon, Press of Atlantic City, Seinfeld, Property Tax Reform, Pensino Reform, Corzine




Here's my finished cartoon for the Press of Atlantic City covering this pension reform / property tax legislation. It seems to me that at the end of they day, it's all going to be a big 'show about nothing.'

Senate President Richard J. Codey, D-West Orange, and Assembly Speaker Joseph J. Roberts Jr., D-Brooklawn, had pledged to enact significant reforms by Jan. 1, and Gov. Jon S. Corzine pledged in July to call a citizens' convention if action wasn't taken by year's end. But Democrats said they hoped to resume their work on property tax reforms Jan. 8. Meanwhile, the pension reform bill that was also being considered had been gutted and picked apart, and most of the meaning full components, like limiting politicians who have multiple jobs to only one pension, had already been removed {see Sunday's cartoon}.

Luckily, I own a house...in DELAWARE.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great cartoon! I love your style. I don't know how may people will "get it," but I did. Funny!

Anonymous said...

Good likenesses. I'm glad to see a cartoonist that can let you see who someone is WITHOUT having to resort to the "button" or "label."

I've been seeing your cartoons regularly in the PRess of Atlantic City. I really liked your Intrepid cartoon last week. Keep up the great work!

Rian said...

Great concept.

Anonymous said...

Great cartoon! Love the idea. I don't know if everyone is going to get it, but still a funny cartoon

Anonymous said...

Good thing there are only white people at the table, or KKKramer would be a little upset

Rob Tornoe said...

Man, I've gotten a lot of feedback for this cartoon. Even in the publishing world, Jerry Seinfeld is GOLD!

I'm going to start putting him in all of my cartoons.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good strategy to me!