Monday, January 08, 2007

Wanna' be a CEO?

rob tornoe, tornoe, political cartoon, new jersey, press of atlantic city, James McGreevey, New Jersey Gay, portrait, Trenton


I had to do a cartoon on this douchbag. Robert L. Nardelli, the CEO of Home Depot, resigned as criticism swirled around him due to his performance, pay package and management style. It was Nardelli's bright idea to market Home Depot more to trade professionals that to do-it-yourself-ers. When homeowners made the switch to Lowes, investors' made their views heard.

It's not all bad for Nardelli, since he did leave with a $210 million exit package in the bank. And just in case, Home Depot gave him 3 years of health coverage.

If you'd like ot enrage yourself further, check out Mark Stein's story at the New York Times here.

3 comments:

Rian said...

I feel bad because I'm here every day but I never comment on anything because I don't know a damn thing about politics (especially what's going on in NJ). However, I did read about this one a news site the other day and stuff like this always pisses me off. It sucks that a guy like this gets fired and, for him, it turns out not to be a bad thing. Of course if it happened to me I'm sure I'd be pretty happy about it. So what it all comes down to is that I'm a hypocrite.

Rob Tornoe said...

I don't view it as being a hypocrite. I view it as taking advantage of a position of power, shoving it to "the man," and fighting for middle-class rights of everyone.

Whether or not to SHARE the money would be a different dilema all together...

And for the record...COMMENT! That way I know people look at this thing at least!

Anonymous said...

You can be outraged, but a man with a lifestyle like his - working as hard as he does, being away from his family deserves to get paid for that effort, and as for $210 million, he was owed that from a preivous arrangement at GE and it was owed to him before he even took the position with HD. So don't comment if you don't have the facts. Just because a political cartoonist makes a joke to get everyone excited, doesn't mean it is the most accurate image. There are 2 sides to every story...make sure you know both before you comment.