Thursday, August 02, 2007

Top Chef


Top Chef, Tom Colicchio, Anthony Bourdain


So, those of you that know me know that I'm a big fan of Bravo's Top Chef. This week I wasn't able to watch it live b/c my buddy, Anant "The Closer" Shenoy came down from Boston to hang out and defend his boy Michael Vick (I still stand by my long-held statement that Michael Vick is NO Jim Kelly).

So I was surprised last night that Joey ended up being voted out. He started off as kind-of an annoying, but then seemed to soften up, especially because of his love affair with sweaty, pepper-grinding Howie. But alas, Joey made a teary exit from the show so do-nothing complainer Sara could stay, undoubtedly there to be voted out next week.

I check out the BravoTV's blogs after each episode, mostly to read Colicchio's blog. This week, Anthony Bourdain guest-blogged, and it's great. He rips apart Rocco DiSpirito, calling him the thatsa speecy, spicy meatball!" shill-for-hire and ex-reality show personality, and here's how he sums up the elimination challenge:

There was no glory to be had last night. There were no winners. Not when everybody, contestants and judges alike, were left wiping Rocco's Frozen Love Juice off their faces at the end.

Here's the blog: Lost in the supermarket

No comments: