Thursday, November 01, 2007

Zuda comics now online



A scene from Leprenomicon, one of the 10 new web comics posted on DC Comics' new imprint Zuda Comics. Written by Gregg Delcurla, illustrated by Fernando Ruiz, and colored by Matthew Petz

Well, DC Comics has officially launched Zuda Comics, and the first 10 are online ready to be viewed and voted on.

I've read a lot of commentary on Zuda's flash-based viewing system, but I had no problems either loading or viewing the comics. In fact, I loved the full-screen feature. Here's what it looked like on my work monitor:



I haven't had a chance to read them all, but I would definitely check out the first couple of pages of Black Swan by Mulele Jarvis, and be sure not to miss Leprenomicon by Kubert School instructor and super-cool nice-guy Fernando Ruiz of Archie fame.

I plan on checking out the rest over the weekend...if I can find the time. Here are some links to coverage of the Zuda Comics launch:

Zuda Launches; Usual Questions Raised
The Comics Reporter

Zuda launches with comics contest, strong reactions
Crave: The Gadget Blog

Zuda Comics Creators' Contracts
Mike Lynch Cartoons

DC Comics Zuda message board

No comments: