Thursday, December 20, 2007
Why do we fall down? To pick ourselves back up
There is a trailer out now for the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight, coming to theatres next summer. As much as I love Batman, Batman Begins failed in so many ways, that it just pales in comparison to the Animated Series.
So watching this new trailer, there are things I liked, and things I didn't like. But here's a quick list of things that I hope are nowhere to be seen in The Dark Knight:
1. Batman driving the Batmobile on rooftops in Gotham. Can't he keep a bit of a lower profile?
2. Alfred asking, "Why do we fall down?" I get it Alfred. Your wise beyond your position. Here's a hint: Quit your job and go write some books or something.
3. Let's work a bit harder on the dialogue this time around, so Batman isn't reduced to explaining the plot to the audience in a silly voice.
4. More Gary Oldman. Why not do a movie based on Frank Miller's year one? (when Frank could still write)
5. Maybe Rutger Hauer could come back as an android and, oh wait...I'm thinking of a much better movie.
I hope this new movie is good. But if I don't like it, I'm sure my friends will claim it's because it's not in black & white.