Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Civil War?

 rob tornoe, tornoe, bolt comics, editorial cartoon, political cartoon, Press of Atlantic City, Abe Lincoln, Iraq Civil War
Bush is still sticking to his guns, declaring al-Qaeda behind the uprising in Iraq, and reasoning that it's not a 'Civil War' between Sunni and Shiite, but a wave of 'Sectarian Violence' that is washing over the country.

In the meantime, he'll meet with top Shiite politician Abdul-Aziz al-Hakim this week to figure out what 'Sectarian' means.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw your cartoon on the AAEC website. I think it's great. Your lincoln is real funny. I've seen a lot of cartoons on Iraq compared to the Civil War, but I think yours is the best.

Which newspaper do you work for?

Anonymous said...

It would have been funnier had you drawn bush a lincoln, and karl rove as the guy standing behind the stage

Rob Tornoe said...

Thanks Andrea, those are kind words. My cartoons appear on Saturday in the Press of Atlantic City, as well as the NJ Herald, NJBiz, the Philadelphia Inquirer and the New Brunswick Sentinel.

Anonymous- I considered drawing Bush like Abe, but I figured it's what most artists would've done, so I decided to go with 100% Lincoln.

Rian said...

Some technical queries:

1.) Do the comics appear here the same size that they do in the Newspaper?

2.)What measurements are you drawing them at?

Anonymous said...

I bet there's nothing in the new Baker report that admits there is a Civil War going on in Iraq. Just like there's nothing in it that Bsh is actually going to do.

Rob Tornoe said...

Rian,

1) No, they vary depending on the content of the editorial page. Usually they're smaller in the newspaper.

2) Most of them I draw at 11 x 8.5", but it does change sometime from paper to paper.

That information will cost you $15,000. Just chalk it up to a fourth year at the Kubert School!