Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Mike Wieringo, Comic Book Artist, Dead at 44



Mike Wieringo, a well-know comic book artist that worked on "The Flash", "Robin" and "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man" died in his home Sunday of a heart attack. He was 44 years old.

I first become of Wieringo's artwork when he teamed up with Mark Waid on issue #80 of Dc Comics "The Flash." It's still one of my favorite super-hero comic book runs, especially as it got into the 90's with Impulse and the dreaded speed force.

I only met him once at a comic book show. He signed an original piece of artwork I had from his Flash run that I also had signed from Flash writer Mark Waid, and inker Jose Marzan, Jr.

Mike Wieringo passes away
Newsarama (with Wieringo's last blog post from August 10)

And here's a link from the Newsarama message board with reaction from Mark Waid, Todd Dezago and Karl Kesel:
Remembering Mike Wieringo

Hat tip to: Karl Savage

No comments: