Friday, December 19, 2008

Interview in Editor & Publisher

In the newest issue of Editor & Publisher, America's oldest journal covering the newspaper industry, they interviewed me for a story about the current plight faced by all editorial cartoonists.

How did you deal with your own layoff from Politicker?

I feel fine with it. From the start, I knew we were trying something new, and that I'd be the first and only staff cartoonist in the country to work exclusively online. Of course, I was hopeful that it would've lasted longer than it did, but the economy tanked, and they had to reduce.

Everyone at Politicker and The New York Observer have been great, and it's good to know that they value my cartoons enough to keep me on as a freelancer. It was a great opportunity, and gave me tremendous exposure, so I have no complaints.

Read the rest of the interview here.

No comments: