Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Oregon: Could Novick Run for Another Seat?


Steve Novick, Jeff Merkley, CD5, Darlene Hooley
Click on image for full cartoon
Congresswoman Darlene Hooley is not running for re-election for her 5th district congressional seat. Would Steve Novick be a good replacement for the dems to run?

Josh Kardon, the chief of staff to Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore, thinks so:
"The only potential candidate we could run with high name recognition across the district is Steve Novick and I have no idea if he has any interest."

Wyden aide floats Novick for 5th CD
The Oregonian - Mapes on Politics

1 comment:

Thom said...

Rob, thanks for seeing the suggestion that Novick should drop out for what it is. A huge joke.

But I think your cartoon cropped out the main comedian spinning this yarn. Why is it that Merkley's media guy (Kari Chisholm who runs Blue Oregon.com) went out of his way to add Novick (who doesn't even live in the 5th Dist.) to his "wild speculation" and never bother to confirm what everybody else seemed to already know. Chisholm managed to eliminate contenders like Hunt and Kroger from his fantasy list and duly note same, yet the rumors regarding Novick are allowed to swirl.

I think Mr. Chisholm can add "ethics in blogging" to his "full disclosure" problems. Me, I'm a Novick supporter. That's Steve Novick for US Senate!

Posted by: Kari Chisholm | Jan 22, 2008 11:34:50 PM
[...] As you well know, I post my disclosure on every blog post I write - and on every comment that I post on anyone else's blog. Seriously.... [...]