Click on image for full cartoonFor those of you who don’t know, Kate Whitman, daughter of former Governor and Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency Christie Todd Whitman, is running for the open seat for Congress in the 7th District.
The other day on her PolitickerNJ.com blog, Christie called out to the people of New Jersey, and asked them to realize that Kate is more than just her daughter, and would make an excellent member of Congress.
According to her campaign website, Kate has a ton of experience to separate her form her Mom, including:
1. Formerly the Executive Director of the Republican Leadership Council (Mom probably had nothing to do with getting her that job)
2. She previously served as the Communications Director for the Chairman of the U.S. House of Representatives Homeland Security Committee and House Policy Committee Chris Cox (R-CA) (Mom probably had nothing to do with getting her that job),
3. She served as press secretary for the United States Secretary of Labor Elaine Chao (Mom probably had nothing to do with getting her that job)
4. She also served as a staff member at the White House. (Mom probably had nothing to do with getting her that job)
5. In addition, she has worked on several prominent Republican political campaigns, including Bob Franks for Governor (NJ) and served as the Communications Director for the Republican Party of New Hampshire. (Mom probably had nothing to do with getting her those)
See? She's done a lot in her life that didn't depend on the 'Whitman' name, just like out current president, George W. Bush.
As a footnote, Wally Edge has assured me that PolitickerNJ.com is glad to offer blogs for any mothers with sons or daughters seeking a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives. Please contact Wally Edge at email@example.com